Pranks are fun aren’t they? You catch your friends/co-workers/family unawares with an innocent bait and switch. You set the trap: tape down the phone receiver, put a sticky note on the bottom of their mouse, change their desktop to some hairy, old geezer in a banana hammock and wait for the payoff. The worst that can happen is they miss a call (which is probably you, the pranker, calling to speed up the process anyway), think their mouse is dead and/or maybe find something out about themselves that they hadn’t previously thought. Lighthearted fun, right? We just had a holiday focused on such endeavors and even encourages these acts. In YouTube World™ there seems to be a trend forming that takes prank videos too far. Some pranks discussed, whether fake or not, tend to be toeing the legal line for the almighty Views (which equal $$). It’s a matter of time until real world consequences will outweigh fake Internet points.
Hand Crafted and Personally Curated Show Notes:
- Prank Channels = AIDS
- The Deleted Social Experiment — h3h3 reaction video
- GradeAUnderA vs Joseph Costello LIVE DEBATE #DramaAlert
- MoeAndET Deleted Social Experiment – #DramaAlert Interview #IMETHANBRADBERRY FAKE PRANK EXPOSED
- YouTuber jailed for a “just a prank” (aka bomb threat)
- Ethan Bradberry.exe meme [W/ HOT SAX]
Music in this episode is Noir Theme by Pk jazz Collective
Don’t forget to check out our friends at Fox Force Five News!
For other great local podcasts check out That Movie Podcast!